Vivbot Forum

Forum to discuss Vivbot. Simple enough.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-07 10:43:35

vivec28
Administrator

[Finished (hopefully permanently)] Ongoing Vivbot maintenance.

I have been chasing down a bug which manifests itself in longer than expected start up times. Unfortunately, I, for the life of me haven't been able to reproduce it in my testing environment. Neither was I able to correctly guess the reason for the bug happening and I've made quite a few guesses. So now, I will and have been throwing solutions at the wall and see if anything sticks. In the process I will also be able to acquire more information that will hopefully help me narrow it down.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I think this is the best course of action.

Edit: Vivbot is currently down. Forcing the database to optimize itself and Vivbot cannot work while that's in progress. Don't know how long this will take but it's been working the cpu pretty hard.

Edit2: Running slowly now. Still no complete fix unfortunately.

Edit3: Running in most channels now. I have managed to mitigate the problem a little bit and I think it should be working relatively well, but I haven't figured out a complete fix yet. However, I have gathered enough information to know the exact source of the problem so I will leave it running while I look for more solutions.

Edit4: I've written a very dirty temporary workaround. For the time being, Vivbot should not have problems "starting" and should be running smoothly.

Edit5: Have a new likely working solution, expect some brief downtime for the next hour.

Edit6: Continued. Expect some restarts and disconnects.

Edit7: It seems like I was successful in resolving the core issue. Now going to look into the dashboard connection acting up.

Edit8: Let's see, attempting solution #14. This time it must work, right? I'll probably make a write up of what happened that caused so many problems if anyone's interested. Or I'll just do it to vent my frustrations. But yeah, done for today unless things break again.

Last edited by vivec28 (2016-10-09 19:19:33)

#2 2016-10-09 07:50:30

kulpgary

Re: [Finished (hopefully permanently)] Ongoing Vivbot maintenance.

i am still having problems overall, i know you are working hard on getting everything fixed, keep at it bud, im sure you will resolve it!!!

Board footer