Vivbot Forum

Forum to discuss Vivbot. Simple enough.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-01 11:35:13

b_nut_tv

Still needs work but is very promising.

Hei. I tested Vivbot for several days and I liked it.

You really try to make a good service, that covers a lot of things others don't. I initially tried this out because of a currency-system that is configurable. I still laugh to myself that my vivbot is giving nuts to the viewers that they can trade for a song. One song, one nut. smile

It's really not fair that I bring this up at this early stage of development, but the uptime of the service seems to be not that good. I understand that it's not easy since twitch is changing their API all the time but it's the main reason why I will try out some other service that I will not name here. (Don't make ads on other boards, children. It's considered a dickmove) smile

The fact that vivbot is not up when I try to stream also adds up to a lack of settings. As a german streamer I wanted to set everything to german but some things vivbot say are not changeable through the UI. The songrequest aren't working (only after I manually called "!skip mod" in the chat) the list was activated. The wishlist just sums up and it's not able to clear that.
But the most annoying thing: The dashboard tends to loose the connection to twitch. I am not able to say if it's the fault of you or of twitch, but there is also no way you can see that, if you only have vivbots dashboard on hand.
I stream in the fear of not being able to react to viewers who are writing a shitload of things I am never reading because I can't know if the dashboard is connected. That sucks.

I like what you are doing, that's why I donated 20USD to support you. I really wish to hear great things from this service once it's "finished". (constant development is needed if you deal with the twitch-api).

Have a nice day

B_Nut

#2 2016-03-02 01:03:42

vivec28
Administrator

Re: Still needs work but is very promising.

Hello, I appreciate the time you took to write this out.

The uptime can be bumpy time to time. If I am around, i'll usually be able to resolve most problems with connectivity within an hour, but unfortunately if it happens when I am away or asleep, it might take longer. I try to write Vivbot so it doesn't need my interference when things go wrong, but writing code that detects all faults is difficult. Most times when a problem occurs that brings Vivbot down, it's the first time that problem has occurred, and after I've seen it once, I'll be able to prevent it from happening again or make Vivbot automatically recover from it. I find it interesting and challenging to write Vivbot in a way that it doesn't need any intervention to recover from errors, and will continue to improve that aspect.

As a german streamer I wanted to set everything to german but some things vivbot say are not changeable through the UI.

I encourage you to make a post on Ideas & Suggestions, these changes are usually quite easy for me to make once they've been brought up to my attention.

I am aware of the problems with songrequest, and it's up for a rewrite soon. Unfortunately, haven't had as much time as I wish I had lately.

But the most annoying thing: The dashboard tends to loose the connection to twitch. I am not able to say if it's the fault of you or of twitch, but there is also no way you can see that, if you only have vivbots dashboard on hand.
I stream in the fear of not being able to react to viewers who are writing a shitload of things I am never reading because I can't know if the dashboard is connected. That sucks.

The part of dashboard that shows your chat is simply twitch chat embedded into the dashboard. If that's what you're disconnecting from, that's a problem entirely separated from Vivbot, I can say that with a 100% certainty. If the message you see is "Connection closed. Trying to reconnect in 15 seconds.", that is related to Vivbot and could be a problem with either Vivbot, your connection or your browser. I encourage you to make a post on Tech Support or Bug Reports with more details, so I can look into it and fix it.

Thanks for the post and for the donation, I appreciate all feedback.

Board footer