Vivbot Forum

Forum to discuss Vivbot. Simple enough.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-14 23:30:22

annorax10

Vivbot issuing Twitch / commands?

I would like to set up a custom censorship setup, where various slurs and other things people shouldn't be saying are triggers for a custom command that returns "/ban {user}". Is there a chance that Vivbot could be modified to allow the bot to issue Twitch commands other than /me?

#2 2018-07-15 05:53:20

thehumantarget6

Re: Vivbot issuing Twitch / commands?

TL;DR - Vivbot does have the functionality to do what you want but it would be incredibly time consuming and impractical to do, so you might as well use Nightbot or Twitch Automod settings to do what you want in a much easier fashion.
Also get your mods to download BTTV, its sick af.

Hello,

Vivbot is more of a utility bot than a moderation bot and, although has the ability to automatically time out people who send links, a bot such as Nightbot would best be used in conjunction with Vivbot.
Alternatively you can use the Twitch automod settings, where you can list banned words and phrases to be censored from chat. These settings can be found here

In regards to having a command such as /ban {user} I assume this is to physically ban someone through a command, as opposed to simply have a joke message which returns "{user} has been banned from the channel!!" without actually banning them. This is possible, although if it is to be used for moderation purposes it would be much easier to simply have mods use their regular ban commands or have Nightbot/Twitch automatically censor slurs, phrases and swears.

I created a command that can time people out as a joke command because I like abusing viewers with my moderator powers, see below the code.

$ifelse("{1}" == "{user}"::You cannot taze yourself!!::{1} has been tazed!! He is unconscious for 5 seconds $timeout({1}::5))

Naturally you can change the wording and timeout length to however long you'd like, although if your mods are struggling with keeping up with the vanilla Twitch moderation commands I would suggest they download BTTV as it streamlines a lot of the moderation process.

In order to automate the use of the ban command you would need to have a lot of $ifelse commands and a lot of embeds in order to cover all of the slurs and swears you might want banned. This would simply be incredibly impractical and the use of Twitch's settings or Nightbot would be much easier.

For the sake of demonstration I will show you how it can theoretically be done and explain why it wouldn't work very well.

$ifelse("{1}" == "TheHumanTarget6"::As if I'd let you taze ME MWAHAHAHA::$ifelse("{1}" == "{user}"::You cannot taze yourself!!::{1} has been tazed!! They are unconscious for 5 seconds!! $timeout({1}::5)))

In the code above, when triggering the command the first thing that Vivbot does is search the text inputted {1} to see if the word "TheHumanTarget6" has been said. If it has been said then Vivbot will output the first line of code and end the command.
If it hasn't been said then Vivbot will move onto the next line and see if {1} (the text that was written) is equal to the person who typed the command. If it is Vivbot will output the second line of code and end the command.
If neither of these first two lines of code have been triggered then Vivbot will output the 3rd line of code and timeout the targeted user.

Unfortunately you can only use the $ifelse statement up to around six times in one command, which means you would then have to embed a second command with the same function to continue the command. This would function like below:

(!zzt)

$ifelse("{1}" == "TheHumanTarget6"::As if I'd let you taze ME MWAHAHAHA::$ifelse("{1}" == "{user}"::You cannot taze yourself!!::{1} has been tazed!! They are unconscious for 5 seconds!! $timeout({1}::5)))::$embed(!zzt1)

(!zzt1)

$ifelse("{1}" == "thehumanpotato"::gosh I can't think of any witty jokes for this::$ifelse("{1}" == "{user}"::You cannot taze yourself!!::{1} has been tazed!! They are unconscious for 5 seconds!! $timeout({1}::5)))

You can nest embeds up to a count of three, with five $ifelse statements in each commands that means you can get 15 variables in one command. Not very efficient or useful, right?

I hope this all makes sense!!

#3 2018-07-20 21:09:07

annorax10

Re: Vivbot issuing Twitch / commands?

Yeah, the intent was to supplement Twitch's automod with Vivbot automatically (and unjokingly) banning people for racial slurs with no need for mod intervention. I'll probably set up Nightbot to do that instead.

Board footer